At such a time like this, when almost everyone is indoors, playing games is the best activity to fight boredom and also bond with your family. So, it wouldn’t hurt to subscribe to PlayStation games and enjoy your moment playing.
But how do you do that? Buying games on the PlayStation Store is not that complicated. Just follow these simple but necessary steps to help you.
Create an Account
The first step is to create the account, and this needs to be done using your computer.
- Go to the official PlayStation Store website
- On the top right side of the screen there is a “Create Account” button, click it
- Type your email details and create a password
- Enter your birthdate
- Choose your city, state and zip code
- Create the username that will be used on PSN and PlayStation Store
- Confirm the information and choose whether to receive emails
- Once this is done, a confirmation link will be sent. Just click, and you’re done, the account created
How to Add Credits on the PlayStation Store
There are several accepted payment methods for buying PSN cards.
They are as follows:
Official Mastercard or Visa debit cards
Once the purchase is made, you may receive two emails: one about the transaction (with instructions for confirmation depending on which payment method you have chosen) and the other with a link to the 12-digit PIN code you purchased. The process is secure, and there is no way to validate the code sent to you instead.
Redeem Codes in the PlayStation Store
Back to the official PlayStation Store website;
- Log in to your account created in the step above;
- Click on your profile name;
- Then click on “Redeem Codes”;
- On the next screen, enter the 12-digit code you purchased at the store;
The system will tell you how much the card is worth (between $ 10 and $ 100, or if it’s a PS + three-month / one-year voucher) and ask for final confirmation. You now have credits to purchase your games from the store.
How to Buy PlayStation Games
On the PlayStation website, you need to select a game of interest and click on “Add to Cart.” The title will be placed in your cart, accessible by the shopping icon in the upper right corner of the screen.
When accessing it, you will be able to proceed directly to the completion of the purchase. You’ll enter credit your card details. If you have enough credits, the purchase will be finalized, and the amount will be deducted from your wallet.
You can also buy games using your mobile device through the PlayStation App (iOS, Android). After logging in, click on the PlayStation button at the bottom center of your smartphone or tablet, and then select the PS Store icon.
Once inside the store, the procedure is the same as for all other methods: find your favorite game, put it in the cart, and confirm the purchase, with the amount being debited from your virtual wallet, supplied through the prepaid card.